KE Boarding House
Kuriakose Elias School is a group of two different schools with two different streams of curricula and syllabi and with different sections for each stream. There are three boarding houses attached to K.E School. Kuriakose Elias Boarding House is a “Home away from Home” for the students. It is under the care and guidance of the CMI Fathers of St. Joseph’s Province, Thiruvananthapuram. K.E Boarding House for Boys, established in the year 2000, accommodates boys (Class V to XII) and K.E Hostel for Girls, established in 2012, accommodates the girls of the Higher Secondary Section in the campus.
Suvidya Bhavan Boarding House for Girls, established in 2002 and managed by the Reverend Sisters of the Salvatorian Congregation, accommodates the Girls from class V to XII. The Principal of K.E. School will be the ex-officio in charge of the Boarding House who will be assisted by the Rector, Vice Rector and wardens for different sections to look after the day to day affairs of the students. The enrolled students, their parents and guardians are to adhere to the rules and the code of conduct strictly.
OUR AIM The Boarding aims at providing an atmosphere of a home, where a happy, friendly and spiritual relationship is fostered and maintained. It seeks to ensure maximum possible convenience for the integral development of each student through studies, sports, games & other activities.
OUR OBJECTIVES We are pledged to help the students to scale the heights by making them:
- Intellectually Competent
- Spiritually Mature
- Morally Upright
- Socially Acceptable
The Boarding Houses help the School achieve its objectives by empowering the students to sustain a healthy and peaceful social life and thereby enable them to take their right place in the intellectual and civic life of the nation, directing them to be successful leaders with competence and excellence.
- Students from Class V to XII can apply for admission.
- Students who seek admission to the Boarding House should apply for it in the prescribed form available at the School office.
- The Principal who is the ex officio in charge of the Boarding Houses reserves the right to grant or refuse admission.
- Students must meet the Principal/ Rector with their parents on the day of admission.
- A Student is admitted for one academic year only and readmission is based on his/her conduct and character.
- Application is to be submitted by the parent/guardian to the Boarding.
- A profile of student’s health, family background, previous school life etc. must be provided to the Rector at the time of admission.
- The boarding fee will be fixed from time to time. The fee rates of the current year are available at the School office.
- Fees have to be paid in three installments. However, lump sum payment of fees for a year is admissible.
- A student may be admitted for a minimum of one term. However, students leaving the boarding any time will have to pay the full fee for that term.
- Annual charges including the admission fees, establishment, maintenance etc. must be paid at time of admission for a period of one year.
- If a student fails to pay boarding fees for a term, his/her name will be removed from the roll and the annual examination result will be withheld.
- The mess fee is to be paid in three installments.
Fees must be paid before 15th of the first month of each term.
Additional fees will be charged for the months of April and May if the students to stay in the boarding.
- No refund will be given from the Annual charges once paid.
- Mess fee, laundry fee etc. will be refunded if there is an advance payment.
- Mess fee, laundry fee etc. will be refunded if there is an advance payment.
- The receipt issued from the School must be produced for any refund of the fees paid.
|TENTATIVE TIME TABLE|
|08.30pm||:||Rosary Night prayer|
FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE PARENTS
- Permission of the Rector is required to meet the students by the visitors.
- Visitors other than the parents need the prior approval/permission from the parents for meeting the students.
- The parents or guardians can make telephone calls to the students at the prescribed day and time.
- The request for sending children for marriage, birthday and other functions etc. during school days is not entertained.
- The visitors are allowed on the first and third Sundays of every month between 2 - 6 pm.
- Visitors are to meet the students in the place notified by the School. Anything provided to the students by the visitors is to be intimated to the Rector.
- Parents are expected to come to the boarding at least once a month and enquire about the student’s overall progress and development.
- Parents must cooperate with the Rector in ensuring healthy social life in the boarding. If the rules and regulations are violated, the student is liable to be dismissed from the boarding and the School.
- Visitors will not be entertained beyond the time scheduled for the purpose.
- Visitors are prohibited from taking eatables to the boarding house.
- Parents/visitors are not permitted to give money or other things to the students.
DISCIPLINARY ACTION The students will be dismissed from the boarding based on the report of indiscipline such as,
- Stealing, ragging, malpractices, smoking, drinking;
- Disrespect to boarding / School authorities;
- Involvement in any activity which affects the reputation of the Boarding, School and the students; and
- Violation of Rules and Code of Conduct.
GENERAL RULES AND CODE OF CONDUCT
- The Rector assigns the timetable, seats and berths to the boarders. The daily time table provides sufficient time for study, prayer and physical exercise.
- Students shall attend classes regularly and take the tests and examinations seriously. No Student is allowed to stay back in the boarding house on working days.
- Students are to perform their daily, weekly and termly assigned duties with responsibility.
- Students shall observe silence during study time.
- Every student shall ensure the maintenance of discipline, peace and harmony in the boarding.
- Students shall take part in all activities of the boarding without fail.
- Students are strictly forbidden to open inmates’ drawers and to use articles without permission.
- Students shall not involve in any unnecessary relations with outsiders.
- Students shall not keep money, gold ornaments, electrical or electronic equipments and any other valuable things with them.
- Students shall cooperate themselves in keeping the dormitory clean and tidy. They have to ensure that their study hall, refectory, dormitory, lavatories etc. are always clean and tidy.
- Students must always be neat and tidy. Their face must be clean and the hair must be properly dressed.
- All correspondence of the students with outsiders may be monitored by the Rector.
- Students shall not leave the boarding house and the School campus without the written permission of the Rector in leave form or gate pass.
- Students can go home during Onam and Christmas holidays.
- No parent/local guardian/visitor is permitted to have access to the dormitory or cupboard rooms of students.
- Students shall not bring eatables to the hostel.
- Students shall go home with parents or the local guardian only.
- Parents must get the prior permission from the Rector, if the students are to be sent to their relatives’ house during holidays.
- During holidays, as they leave the boarding, they must report to the Rector and the time and destination should be noted in the Register. As they return, the time and the date of return should again be noted in the Register.
- The request for sending children for marriage, birth days and social functions during working days will not be considered.
- After the holidays, students should return to the boarding by 6 pm before the reopening day.
- Examination papers shall be signed by the Rector and recorded as such.
- Students shall not use the day scholars as intermediaries for any correspondence with others.
- Students shall engage in outdoor games and other physical exercises.
- Students shall observe silence during the study time.
- Students shall retire to bed not later than 11.45 pm.
- Students shall attend classes regularly and take the tests and exams seriously.
- Senior students shall consider themselves as mature and responsible and thereby set a model to the juniors.
REQUISITES AND OUTFITS
- Parents/Guardians shall provide their children with the essential items such as clothing, bedding, footwear etc. Dresses are to be embossed with initials or full names of the students in embroidery or indelible ink to avoid losses.
- Financial or any material assistance, if needed, shall be provided from the boarding and the amount will be charged from the parent.
ARTICLES TO BE BROUGHT BY THE STUDETNTS
- English Malayalam Dictionary (1)
- Instrument Box (1)
- Umbrella (1)
- Sunday School TC (for Catholic Students)
- Uniform (Minimum 4 Pairs)
- Nightdress (2 Pairs)
- Colour Dress ( 3 Pairs)
- Bucket and Mug ( 1 Each)
- Sports and Banyans for games ( 2 Pairs)
- White Banyans (4)
- Undergarments (7)
- Handkerchief (7)
- Bath towel (3)
- Dress Hangers/Clips (10)
- Stationary / toilet Items
- Sports Shoes
RESIDENTIAL ARRANGEMENTS The students shall be provided with common study hall and common dormitory under the supervision of the Rector. AC and Non AC dormitories are provided as per needs without any additional charges. AC facility can be discontinued at any time by the management if a situation arises. Common toilets and bathrooms are to be shared.
HEALTH AND MEDICAL CARE The students who need a regular medical attention and having health problems shall not be admitted. Medical report of such students must be submitted to the Rector at the time of admission. Initial medical aid is provided whenever required. Students who feel any kind of illness must inform the Rector or the Warden. If urgent treatment is required, the parents will be informed and they must take up the responsibility.
FOOD The boarding provides a balanced diet, with vegetarian and non-vegetarian items. Besides meals, Tiffin is given to the students. Special diets are not encouraged. However, in special cases, it will be provided under medical advice.
READMISSION Admission will be for one academic year. Each year students shall apply again for admission to the boarding, if they wish to continue. Admission will be granted on the merit of each student and the rector reserves the right to grant or refuse the admission
SPECIAL TUITION Boarding will try to provide special tuition facility for students who request for the same. Parents will have to pay additional fees for the special tuition.
BRILLIANT STUDY CENTRE, PALA We train students in collaboration with Brilliant, Pala. Brilliant, Pala offers the following courses/ Batches in the campus
- Foundation Class
- Bridge Course
- Long term Entrance (Medical &Engineering) Classes.
- Crash Course
- Residential IIT batch (Integrated training for Engineering Entrance)
- Residential AIIMS batch (Integrated training for Medical Entrance)
- Special tuition classes for the Higher Secondary students
WASHING Boarding will provide payable laundry service. Students are free to give their dresses for washing other than the undergarments. If not given to the laundry, parents may collect the used dresses and wash them at home. The students can wash by themselves only their under garments, bath towels and games dresses.
CONCLUSION The Boarding shall try to provide maximum facilities for the healthy development of students, with a belief that the students admitted to K.E. School and the Boarding will strive for academic and character excellence. Parents shall ensure cooperation with the authorities for the efficient management of institutions. Your children are in the safe hands of CMI Fathers.
The blessings and protection of our Heavenly Patron St. Kuriakose Elias Chavara prevail over our institutions on this Holy Hill of Mannanam.
KE Family welcomes you all for a serious academic pursuit intertwined with an excellent character formation.